Friday, April 08, 2005

The doctor. again.

This morning, I had to have another procedure done on my back. This was my second spinal epidural steroid injection and the first in a series of three. The injections will, hopefully, relieve the pain caused by the damage done in a collision with a drunk driver last June. Kids, if you learn nothing else, do not stay out until 4am drinking with your friends and then drive your truck home down the wrong side of the interstate. Bad things will happen.

Anyway, my orthopaedist wants to try these injections prior to surgery. He didn't sound that hopeful.

The injection hurt like crazy. The 'pinch' the doctor warned me of was more like the sting of a two-pound bee. It went away fairly quickly and was replaced with a pain not unlike the one that I came in with, plus a dull pain into my rump.

Hopefully, I won't be such a whiner for the next two weeks until my next one. Then, I'm going to do it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home